The adaptability of the Venturing program is one of its strongest assets. As an example, you can earn the Theater Arts and Hobbies Bronze award, do nine of the following:
- Visit a theatrical performance.
- Create a display of a theatrical nature and show it to others.
- Learn about an aspect of theater, and critique the work of someone who has done something in that area. (performance, set construction, lighting, etc.).
- Participate in technical theater for a stage production and present what you have learned with a group.
- Tour a theatrical facility. Talk with the person who operates the facility. Watch a performance at that facility.
- For 90 days - participate in a technical theater class and in the theatrical productions on tech crew.
- Lead or participate in a discussion about the merits of participating in theater.
- Visit another theatrical facility other than your own and learn how to operate technical equipment there. Share what you've learned with others.
- Teach another student how to perform some aspect of technical theater.
- Organize an event or an aspect of an event related to theater.
- Organize a competition or an aspect of a competition that tests skills needed in theater. (Makeup, set design/construction, performance, etc.)
- Using your artistic ability, volunteer in a theatrical activity.